A shot of my friend...

JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited April 27, 2010 in People
Nothing formal, just a shot from the backyard. Let me know what you think. C&C appreciated.

849015242_XzDbV-L.jpg

Comments

• PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    IMO not bad, but also not stunning (nothing wrong with that!)
    Composition is good, keeping it off-center a bit is usually good. Eyes on the top 3rd is great. The top of his head is a little too close to the top of the frame IMO.

It seems a bit warm but that's not a bad thing... the warm processing may add to the feel of the photo (with the bright sun, etc.).

I'd try it with normal color balance and add a little color pop or vividity, etc.

Bottom line, it's a photo that mom/grandma would love! You did a good job technically.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Composition is good, keeping it off-center a bit is usually good. Eyes on the top 3rd is great. The top of his head is a little too close to the top of the frame IMO.

It seems a bit warm but that's not a bad thing... the warm processing may add to the feel of the photo (with the bright sun, etc.).

I'd try it with normal color balance and add a little color pop or vividity, etc.

Bottom line, it's a photo that mom/grandma would love! You did a good job technically.

Thanks. I really appreciate the C&C. I'll tweak it a little more in photoshop and see what I can come up with.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010

+ 1 .... + I'm not liking the sun flare, I think it looks too fake ... ne_nau.gif. But it IS a nice pic. thumb.gif
  • JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    + 1 .... + I'm not liking the sun flare, I think it looks too fake ... ne_nau.gif. But it IS a nice pic. thumb.gif

Actually it is fake. I added it in through photoshop. :D