Cera - Senior 10 C&C Appreciated

idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Took these yesterday in Downtown Baton Rouge. C&C Welcomed & Appreciated.

849013498_EpJ7o-M.jpg
849608429_PD9Fn-M.jpg
849024294_ZDr4B-M.jpg

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    #1 is very, very nice. Great job. If I had to pick it would be the hot side of her left side. But in the heat of shooting it's gonna happen so we live with it. You've lost detail there and the judges would hit you on that. Also you've cropped off her right hand.

#2 would be awesome but her right hand looks very awkard. Moving over to your right you might have been able to get rid of the hot background but I don't know what was behind her if you did move over. I do love the flying hair.

In all great job and your color is used very well. I know she loved them.

When I click on your name and go to your home page Smug Mug comes up but nothing about you.
    Website is not working either.
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Hmmm...I just checked the link and it is working for me. Can you please check it again? Just want to make sure it's working.

Thanks!
    Eva
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    site worked for me
    so does pic No. 1. I like it -- hand crop doesn't bother me at all. Hand in 2 does look a little awkward. Great colors.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Eva, it is working now, early Wed AM.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    i agree with #1. i am just unsure about the posing in #2. she looks really awkward. i love the colors though! very strong!
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Thanks everyone. Yes, her hand does look quite akward in #2. I think we were just going for showing her class ring, but it takes away from the picture.

I LOVE color! The brighter the better for me :) I just think it's the style I have taken on, and I am very satisfied with it.

I appreciate all of your C&C.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    idoteech wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Yes, her hand does look quite akward in #2. I think we were just going for showing her class ring, but it takes away from the picture.

I LOVE color! The brighter the better for me :) I just think it's the style I have taken on, and I am very satisfied with it.

I appreciate all of your C&C.
    In general, I'd try to only show hands from the side. If you want to emphasize the hand (the ring in this case) I'd emphasize it in a big way, almost over the top-like compared to what you have now. Get the hand forward towards the camera, like showing off a wedding ring, maybe?

Love #1 thumb.gif