Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED

andiamoandiamo Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited May 11, 2010 in Cameras
Does anyone have an idea when Nikon will start shipping this lens? I ordered one and I am leaving on vacation in a few weeks. I was hoping I would have it by the time I leave.
Thanks

Comments

• EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    andiamo wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea when Nikon will start shipping this lens? I ordered one and I am leaving on vacation in a few weeks. I was hoping I would have it by the time I leave.
    Thanks

If it doesn't arrive in time, you can just have it forwarded to me as a gift. mwink.gif

B&H has had some come through already (and they are now out of stock), so there are some being shipped. Depends on where you ordered it from, where they are on Nikon's list, and where you are on their list. Why not call the company you ordered it from and ask them?
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    We received a few last week but B&H is currently out of stock, so they will probably fill orders when they resupply.

Like the previous poster said, call the company you ordered from. They might be able to help you.
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses
  • andiamoandiamo Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did call Amazon, but they could not tell me where I am on the list. They did say that Nikon has not given them an estimated delivery date.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    A couple have shown up in Shanghai, but they won't even unbox them until a semi-firm commitment to purchase has been made. I might buy it this weekend or wait for a month or so, but I'm itching to use it.
    edited May 5, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    A couple have shown up in Shanghai, but they won't even unbox them until a semi-firm commitment to purchase has been made. I might buy it this weekend or wait for a month or so, but I'm itching to use it.

The only lens I could find in Shanghai was priced $300 above the already high US prices. I guess I will wait, but the questions remains -- how long?
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    It's a good idea to check the websites of B&H and the others from time to time, because there seem to be a few lenses trickle through.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned on another forum that B&H had the lens in stock, so I went to the site and grabbed one. I'd been on their notification list, but never did get a response.

If you read posts from people with the 24/1.4, it does have some issues with autofocus - I wonder if Nikon have had to stop production and change something?
    edited May 9, 2010
    Amazon just canceled my order. They said they can't get a delivery date for it.

I posted another thread about the strike at the Nikon factory. I believe this factory makes some parts for the lens and that is causing the delay. The Nikon 5000 is also hard to get now for the same reason.
    edited May 9, 2010
    Here is a link to the article about the strike:
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loca...roved-benefits
    edited May 11, 2010
    I called Nikon USA today and asked about the lens. They said they expected a large shipment in 2 - 5 weeks. I asked how large and they said more than a thousand units.clap.gif