My First 2011 Senior Rep

idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Meet Zach...he's was a blast to work with! I can't wait until his actual Senior shoot. He's a drummer, so I'm gonna have a blast with that!
C&C Welcomed

850047207_ngH6H-M.jpg

850048647_B5ru8-M.jpg

850049496_NWYvM-M.jpg

Comments

• Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    i like the idea of #1, but i would have taken the shot of the phone of him holding it and have the subject be on the phone with the him blurred in the back. does that make sense? I think the lighting in the second one is really good! the pose in the #3 is a little odd and he looks like hes hunching down.
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Hi Doog...
    I'm a little confused about what you're saying in #1. I know you think he should be blurred (I had that idea too), but what should be on the phone?
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Post production like on number 2 (and I'm not knocking it, just saying it is WAY more work than I'd ever put into...anything) is why I don't shoot seniors. Light is a little hot on those portraits (the side light) and I think it would look cooler if you mirrored one of them so the side light was banging from both sides rather than the same.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    idoteech wrote:
    Hi Doog...
    I'm a little confused about what you're saying in #1. I know you think he should be blurred (I had that idea too), but what should be on the phone?

id say have the phone be the center of attention and on the phone be him so it looks like you are taking a pic of him taking a pic of himself. does that help?
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    I think I would like #1 with a horizontal crop. The point of impact is the viewer and it's tough to see. I think the background is too busy for my eye.

#2 your lights are hot and the two images are not of the same intensitity but that is just nit pickin. But I don't think it is as masculine as it needs to be for a guy. Maybe more grunge.

#3 is OK but he is hunched over. For me the bad posture kills it.
    You have some great ideas here just need to be reworked some.
    Just my opinions so take it or leave it.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    In general very nice thumb.gif I agree with the above that the first shot could have been nicer landscape oriented maybe. That would have brought out the iPhone and the photo on it a bit more as well thumb.gif