Sunset at Mordor Beach

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited April 28, 2010 in Landscapes
849752546_PmX86-XL.jpg

Actually taken at Crystal Cove State Park near Laguna Beach last week, but since I just redid my blog to be the homepage for my web site, I'm going to make you go there so the "Why Mordor Beach" question! :D

C&C always appreciated! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Gorgeous shot Chris. Really been missing seeing the ocean lately.
    Anybody can do it.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    I agree, gorgeous shot. thumb.gif
    1 very tiny nit - the horizon seems ever so slightly tilted, just enough for something to feel off.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Excellent!!! Love the affect of the longer exposure on the water. Looks like clouds. Beautiful! Would be hanging on my wall if I had taken it!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    WOW big dog! was ya wearing your hat for this one? well it doesnt matter, this had nothing to do with luck.... this obviously was well executed (minus the horizon).

dont worry I've yet to shoot one straight either....

Colors are so very sweet! I love the blue in the FG specifically so dont mess with your WB IMO.....
    Aaron Nelson
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    wfeller wrote:
    Gorgeous shot Chris. Really been missing seeing the ocean lately.

Thank you, Walter. I was starting to miss the ocean myself. As close as I live, I have trouble making time to get over there. Good thing I made it that night!
    AndMan wrote:
    I agree, gorgeous shot. thumb.gif
    1 very tiny nit - the horizon seems ever so slightly tilted, just enough for something to feel off.

Thanks, AndMan! Good eye on the horizon... I thought I had corrected that, but looks like it could use a little more correcting! :D
    rhondavid wrote:
    Excellent!!! Love the affect of the longer exposure on the water. Looks like clouds. Beautiful! Would be hanging on my wall if I had taken it!

Thank you, David! It's definitely in contention to go on the wall as soon as I get some extra cash. I'm a huge fan of turning waves into misty cloud like entities and sometimes over do it, but the effect turned out pretty nicely on this one!
    WOW big dog! was ya wearing your hat for this one? well it doesnt matter, this had nothing to do with luck.... this obviously was well executed (minus the horizon).

dont worry I've yet to shoot one straight either....

Colors are so very sweet! I love the blue in the FG specifically so dont mess with your WB IMO.....

Thanks Aaron! I was in fact wearing a hat, but not THE hat, that one is now reserved for formal occasions! :D

My new goal is to shot at least one photo with a straight horizon... It may not be a good photo, but it WILL be straight! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos