walking away

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited April 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Only because I must scare kids :rofl - this is our neighbors daughter Ava, they wanted me to take some pics of her but for the life of me couldn't get her to look at me for more than an 1/8 of a sec :dunno I snapped this one and they loved it, just wanted some input on where to go with background post. Should I try blurring the horizon bits (houses, power lines, etc) or does it work as is? any input much appreciated.

850502536_3EPcQ-L.jpg

thanks for looking
Devin
Devin

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Hi Devin,
    I really, really like this shot!
    I wouldn't change it a bit--the comp is excellent btw and the bg etc is not distracting at all, it enhances the shot IMO. The fact that you caught her in midstep is a sweet touch with her little bare foot showing, awwwww.

I normally don't like sepiaish treatment, but I think it works with this particular shot.

Nicely done--I can see why the parents love the shot.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 28, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif It ain't broke--don't fix it. mwink.gif
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Liz & Richard - thanks for taking a look and much appreciate your opinions on this. I do believe I will leave it as is :D

and Liz - i to do not care for sepia in most shots either, but felt if there was ever a time for it, this was it.
    Devin
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    I'm with the rest of you guys - I wouldn't change a pixel on that shot; it's fabulous as-is. The square crop works perfectly, too.

And I'm also not a huge fan of sepia toned images, but sometimes they just work, and this is one of those times. I am curious to see it in original full color, however.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    edited April 28, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    I'm with the rest of you guys - I wouldn't change a pixel on that shot; it's fabulous as-is. The square crop works perfectly, too.

And I'm also not a huge fan of sepia toned images, but sometimes they just work, and this is one of those times. I am curious to see it in original full color, however.

Thanks for the nice comment Will - i'll post up the original later when i get a moment.
    Devin
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif It ain't broke--don't fix it. mwink.gif

I agree with Richard…

…although there are at least 2 corollories to his statement:

1: If it ain't broke, fix it until it is
    2: If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features

Great picture!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 29, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote:
    1: If it ain't broke, fix it until it is
    2: If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features

You must be another software guy. lol3.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    I love the shot but I do find the bg distracting......now i would not remove it.....but I would either soften it a bit more or blur it a bit more.....the most distracting thing is the power lines..........but this is jmho mwink.gif

Very good shot!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited April 29, 2010
    Mary, Wil & Art - thank you so much for the nice comments.

Art - It bugged me a bit to at first (especially the powerlines).. but i think i'm over it now thumb.gif
    besides, the Mom has already ordered a print.. so it will just remain as is :D
    Devin