My daughters eyes

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Hi everyone, took this yesterday of one of my daughters and wanted to get some opinions on whether it works with cutting off the chin a bit. This is uncropped and shot with my 80-200. C&C welcomed.

850176487_iwaJk-L.jpg

thanks for looking
Devin
Devin

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Cute shot! Her eyes look wonderful and sharp...they match the bokeh so well :D Okay...about the chin crop.....Well, I got reamed on this when I posted some baby shots awhile back and have NEVER to this day cut off another chin, lol

Here was the thread that taught me my lesson :) I think almost EVERYONE that replied said something about the chin crops..Uuugh! Live and learn....
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=148074&highlight=chin
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    kidzmom wrote:
    Cute shot! Her eyes look wonderful and sharp...they match the bokeh so well :D Okay...about the chin crop.....Well, I got reamed on this when I posted some baby shots awhile back and have NEVER to this day cut off another chin, lol

Here was the thread that taught me my lesson :) I think almost EVERYONE that replied said something about the chin crops..Uuugh! Live and learn....
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=148074&highlight=chin

Hi Kelly - I thought as much (having a look at that thread now), I usually try to not cut parts off.. but missed this one by just a touch :cry
    Live and learn is one of the things I tell my kids all the time.. thumb.gif
    Many thanks for your input, i'll put my thick skin on for any others that comment :D
    Devin
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Hi Devin...
    Well when I was "reamed" on those shots for cropping the chin, I looked at it from the perspective that they would just be better without the chin crops, but they weren't failures b/c of it (but you see I had like a 50% chin crop rate, lol). I still accepted them as nice photos, but learned from the experience. I guess here on dgrin we are striving for perfection so every little thing counts. This shot is great and will be a cherished picture of a beautiful young lady *chin crop or not!! clap.gif
    Take care,
    Kelly
    00SS wrote:
    Hi Kelly - I thought as much (having a look at that thread now), I usually try to not cut parts off.. but missed this one by just a touch :cry
    Live and learn is one of the things I tell my kids all the time.. thumb.gif
    Many thanks for your input, i'll put my thick skin on for any others that comment :D
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    kidzmom wrote:
    Hi Devin...
    Well when I was "reamed" on those shots for cropping the chin, I looked at it from the perspective that they would just be better without the chin crops, but they weren't failures b/c of it (but you see I had like a 50% chin crop rate, lol). I still accepted them as nice photos, but learned from the experience. I guess here on dgrin we are striving for perfection so every little thing counts. This shot is great and will be a cherished picture of a beautiful young lady *chin crop or not!! clap.gif
    Take care,
    Kelly

ok - i went and looked at those shots from that thread.. and WOW.. i thought a few of them were outstanding.. clap.gif (and the other still very good) I have seen some shots that have had some parts of the head cutoff and still really liked them. I think you are right when I post here I feel it's expected to be a step above.. but I think that's what makes this site cool. I have learned a tremendous amount in the year i have been here and hope to stick around and improve even more. And thank you, I will print that shot either way and will always be partial to it (chin or not mwink.gif )

have a great day Kelly
    Devin
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Chopping off the chin can or can not work, depending on the shot. It depends on how much you chop off as well. Remember that usually a small bit gets cut off as well when printing thumb.gif