At the park

kalyekalye Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited April 28, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hello everyone,

First time poster! Awesome shots in here. Here's some of mine.

waiting001.jpg

fly001.jpg

street006.jpg

Comments

• sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    I like all three shots. IMHO, they would be better brightness was reduced a tad bit and shadows opened up slightly (fill).

For the first shot, it might work even better if you cropped out the exit sign on top and cloned out the object lying on the metal work (bottom, right). Regards.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 28, 2010
    kalye wrote:
    Hello everyone,

First time poster! Awesome shots in here. Here's some of mine.

Hi there kalye, and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice first post. I especially like the play of lines in #3. I would have framed #1 a little differently--either include the whole exit sign at the top or exclude it altogether. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
  • kalyekalye Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I cropped pic #1 some more and decreased brightness a bit, what do you think? This was a hip shot while walking up the stairs. I should've gone down and walked up again to get a better shot rolleyes1.gif

waiting002.jpg
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Welcome to dgrin.

I like #2 particularly. Nicely-timed shot!

As has already been mentioned, the pictures seem a bit too bright. On the one hand this brings out the "sunny day" aspect well, but it also loses some details in the bright areas, especially the concrete surface in #3. The shots also look a little over-sharpened to my eyes; there are noticeable halos in some places. You might check your camera settings to see if you can lower the sharpening a bit.

You're off to a good start here, anyway. I hope to see more from you.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    kalye wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I cropped pic #1 some more and decreased brightness a bit, what do you think? This was a hip shot while walking up the stairs. I should've gone down and walked up again to get a better shot rolleyes1.gif
    Looks great now! I like!