Little Guy - Big Shadow

CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited April 30, 2010 in People
I grabbed this picture of my grandson while we were taking a walk last night. I did a little pp to lighten his face and darkened the corners. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
David

851748729_iNFG3-XL.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    wonderful capture!

The vignetting is essntial for this image but is a bit abrupt for my taste.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    This is the first time I have tried the vingetting in CS4. When you say it is abrupt, would you back it off a little? I thought the picture needed something to focus it on the subject and the shadow.
    Thanks,
    David
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Caspian wrote:
    This is the first time I have tried the vingetting in CS4. When you say it is abrupt, would you back it off a little? I thought the picture needed something to focus it on the subject and the shadow.
    Thanks,
    David

when I say abrupt I mean the transition from dark to light is a bit severe. I love a vignette and add it to a LOT of my images. But I tend to do it so it is more of a suggestion to trick the eye to the center. In your case I the stonger vignette is okay I think just back it off a bit and there probably is a silder that makes the gradient less severe as well. That's just my taste though and really a nit over all.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    I really like this photo. He looks very intent. Loving the shadow. Good job on eyeing this moment and capturing it.
    LadyTX