Options

How "private" is "Go Figure"?

PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
edited May 4, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Obviously, anyone who has a DGrin username can find and access Go Figure. Not worried about that.

I'm wondering, though... do the photos posted in there end up being "spidered" and/or "indexed" in any search engines?

My client (a bride) would like to know all the details and concerns before giving final permission for us to post a few of her pre-wedding "sort-of-boudoir" session.
Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
2 Canon 40d
70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
And a bunch of other stuff ;)

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited April 30, 2010
    Obviously, anyone who has a DGrin username can find and access Go Figure. Not worried about that.

I'm wondering, though... do the photos posted in there end up being "spidered" and/or "indexed" in any search engines?

My client (a bride) would like to know all the details and concerns before giving final permission for us to post a few of her pre-wedding "sort-of-boudoir" session.

I don't think so. You cannot access anything on that forum without the password. Spiders only have guest permissions and can't see member profiles either.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010

it doesn't get indexed by search engines like Google, etc thumb.gif

The only search it will show up in is our own dgrin search (near the top of the dgrin pages), and that is only when you yourself are searching on a computer where you are logged in (have entered the password) for Go Figure.
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    richard wrote: »
    i don't think so. You cannot access anything on that forum without the password. Spiders only have guest permissions and can't see member profiles either.

???

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    wfeller wrote: »
    ???

-
    I'm not sure what it is you are asking, Walter?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 4, 2010
    If there are any concerns you have about posting in a public place, you should know that once you post, it's entirely possible the image will live on forever. Because although bots don't search forums, people do. And it's possible a family member or unintended guest will see the post.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    If there are any concerns you have about posting in a public place, you should know that once you post, it's entirely possible the image will live on forever. Because although bots don't search forums, people do. And it's possible a family member or unintended guest will see the post.

yes, and we both understand that. She was asking more just so she'd be informed - and she said, "if it would be put on the front page of the site" then she wouldn't allow it. She just wanted it to be relatively "hidden" and in a place where professionals could make professional comments.

Unfortunately, I posted them and the only comment made was someone who wondered if she knew about it, something like "does she know that you're posting pictures of her private gift to her husband?"

Dude get a life - we are professionals and I guess that same question coudl be asked for ANY of the photos posted in that forum - so just give me some C&C or don't comment at all.

I decided to have the thread removed since obviously I wasn't going to receive any constructive comments.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)