Photocat's dry entrance...

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited August 21, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this look dry enough? I liked the faded colours. Any feedback welcome.

32306395-L.jpg

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    Hi Catherine,
    I like the shot, definitely not a throw away. I know it's dry because we have some similar type plants here, but it doesn't scream DRY to me. Maybe more centric on a seed pod showing dry. Not sure here. Also, if someone isn't familiar with this type of plant, they may not get dry from it.

Just my .02,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    I think Chris is bang on and I also really like the colours. It's a good photo but it depends on how pedantic people are about the theme.
    Hi Catherine,

I like the shot, definitely not a throw away. I know it's dry because we have some similar type plants here, but it doesn't scream DRY to me.
    Chris
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    G'day PC...where have you been hiding ?

Gus
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    'cat,

Very nice pic. I can imagine that the plant is dry by some of the fading, but it doesn't seem to scream "dry" for some reason... maybe it's the green in the background.
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    'cat,

Very nice pic. I can imagine that the plant is dry by some of the fading, but it doesn't seem to scream "dry" for some reason... maybe it's the green in the background.

thanks guys, I will look for something really dry. I thought it would be more obvious that it is dry, but then I took it so I saw it that it was dry. Which goes lost in the pic a bit.
    I will air my camera again today and find something else. All comments are very much appreciated...
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    Yeah Cat, that's a cool plant. But, it does not say "dry" to me. Seed pods are dry, but maybe it's the green background. Needs something more. It might be better in B&W.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog