Local Bridge Demolition

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited May 1, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
After a thorough inspection, they decided it was time for a new bridge. So they started removing the old bridge the other day. Since it's a 2 lane bridge, they are going to do one lane at a time. When I found out about this project, I was stoked, since I worked for a construction company that built bridges over 2 summers while still in high school. I never got to see the demolition of any old bridges, so this is sorta special to me.

#1 Guy cutting the concrete for easy removal
852525114_frTRG-L.jpg

#2 Measuring the cutting blade
852521450_DA7H4-L.jpg

#3 Removal of cross bracing
852518904_yLYgV-L.jpg

#4 Lifting out a section
852530088_V96zo-L.jpg

#5 Just after 2 days of work, and about 2 or 3 days left before those beams are removed.
852536813_xKGPa-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! C&C is always welcome, and if there is anything you'd like to see from this project, feel free to chime in, and I'll see what I can do.
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Nice documentary images. All are well framed and interesting shots. Good job.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 1, 2010
    These are good shots, but I would also like to see at least one wide shot of the site. It's hard to tell that they are demolishing a bridge.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    These are good shots, but I would also like to see at least one wide shot of the site. It's hard to tell that they are demolishing a bridge.

Hi Richard, & thanks for the comments. Here is a wider shot of the bridge site. I'll look to see if I have any wider shots tonight when I get home from the salt mine.

852518139_We4kt-L.jpg
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2010
    wendell wrote: »
    Nice documentary images. All are well framed and interesting shots. Good job.

Thanks for looking and commenting Wendell!!
    GaryB