Options

Oh lord a Publisher contacted me again for more City Scapes

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited August 12, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Company that published Wichita Visions contacted me and wants me run to Lexington Ky and shoot cityscapes....not getting what he wants from others but I have to have at least 50 top notch photos to make it worth his and my while and I have to them processed and burned to disk and then in his hand by May 15.....so checking airlines, trains car rentals....... and then he still wants me to do Corpus Christi also........
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Company that published Wichita Visions contacted me and wants me run to Lexington Ky and shoot cityscapes....not getting what he wants from others but I have to have at least 50 top notch photos to make it worth his and my while and I have to them processed and burned to disk and then in his hand by May 15.....so checking airlines, trains car rentals....... and then he still wants me to do Corpus Christi also........

Congratulations, Art! Hope you keep having "problems" like this.

Jerry Ennis
  • Options
    JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2010
    Southwest.com or download the Ding! If they aren't the best deals, you still don't have to pay for your bags. Congrats!
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2010
    Southwest.com or download the Ding! If they aren't the best deals, you still don't have to pay for your bags. Congrats!

Thank You......I had already checked my fav on line source and SW ......then decided I might be better off driving for more photo ops......but flying in also gave me the ability to shoot as we came in to airport....sometimes that gives a real unique view.

Looks like I'll drive...rather than fly and rent a car.....being diabetic....I decided to carry a weeks worth of groceries (veggies and fruit+peanut butter and oat bread)....plus easier to toss insulin (my shots are loaded for bear- 120 units 3X dailly + 120 before bed....2 different types of insulin:D) in cooler in vehicle rather than plane.........and coming back I can take different route and shoot landscapes ..........
    AFBlue wrote:
    Congratulations, Art! Hope you keep having "problems" like this.

Jerry Ennis

Thank You........me...sort of........I like a little more notice for a trip like thismwink.gifmwink.gifmwink.gif

The problem wasn't the chance to shoot again for this publisher ( I had planned to do Corpus Christi at the end of the month)....but the short notice and the distraught tone of the email and that it means just dropping some stuff and going.........I really like to plan for a trip......well off to AAA for any info they have on Lexington and to see if I can get a couple of Seagate Go Drives for backing up and completed files.....glad I got Roxio working so I can burn Disk of finished Work and over-night to the Publisher from wherever I am when I finish processing.......at one point of the trip I'll be with in 130 miles of his office so I may just hand deliver.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 5, 2010
    Got another email from the art director of CityScape's Books.......he told me in a couple of previous emails....no Horses, Horse races or show....nothing dealing with horses.....he has thousands already sent by Lexington photogs......but today he was a little more adament about it...very colorful in wording.......I guess he has enuff horse photos......maybe he could do a book on horses of Lexington :D
    My beginning got delayed....timing belt and pulleys.......but only one day and the Art Director is just glad I will make by Friday.....that should be good for the Night Scene.......clubs, music and such.......

• Options
    edited August 4, 2010
    Lexington Project Done
    Book is Printed
    Well I just received notification that the "BlueGrass Visions" book has
    been printed and the contributor copies will be arriving very
    soon......can't wait to see which ones of mine are in it.......Actually I
    am waiting on the email that has the contact sheet of published photos
    to add to my portfolio........and the check of course.
    ...Laughing.gif....Laughing.gif...Laughing.gif... :Dmwink.gifDmwink.gif

Once I see what is on the contact sheet I will make a Gallery of published work......this is great timing as I have been asked to get photos together for a showing...the proprietor of the restaurant hope to draw business for us both using the Final Friday Art Crawl ..........Oh boy more work with little time...

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Congrats, Art! Thats just wonderful. wings.gif