Options

SOLD: 50d

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited May 5, 2010 in House of Canon
I am the 2nd owner of this 50d, which was originally Scott Quier's. I bought it from him in February to tide me over until I could afford a 7d. I'm only selling now because I'm in a position to follow through with purchasing a 7d somewhat sooner than anticipated - this camera works 100% perfectly, I just still want several of the specific features in the 7d, hence why I'm pressing ahead with the upgrade.

[URL="http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=157318&highlight=50d]"]Click here for his listing
[/URL]
Camera is virtually the same as it was then, except I've put about another +/-3500 clicks on it. Scott said it had two tiny scratches on it, but I haven't been able to find them no matter how hard I looked! I put LCD protectors on the screens as soon as I got it, so it's in the same condition it was when I purchased it from him.

Includes everything that came with it, plus an extra, aftermarket battery.

Price: $750 including PP (verified address) and shipping to the lower 48.

(As an aside, picking it up from Scott in person was a highly memorable and pleasant afternoon involving a blizzard, a long drive and lots of laughs, so the purchaser will be getting a piece of dgrin "history" as well as a great camera!!!).

Please feel free to ask any questions either here or via PM. Also, if anybody wants a current picture, I'm happy to snap some, but it really does look exactly like it did in Scott's listing linked above ............

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Divamum PMed me about a week ago to warn me that she was contemplating selling this camera - to reassure me that she was perfectly happy with but wanted to move on to the 7D.

This camera - I know what kind of condition it was in when I sold it to her (nearly like new) and I know how careful she is with her equipment so I know what condition you can expect this camera body to be in.

And I know divamum. We drove to a place somewhere in MD to do a face-to-face hand-off, fighting snow and ice and other conditions. She inspected the camera, we did the trade, and then we sat at the table to share a meal and talk. It was with reluctance on my part when we discovered that we had been talking for a couple of hours and that it was time to start heading back home. Divamum is quality people - if she says a thing is so-and-so, you can count on it.

I would be thrilled to trade with her again! Trade with confidence!
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words. iloveyou.gif It was a fun afternoon, wasn't it? Despite the crazzzyyy weather. My family still laugh at me for heading out on a roadtrip 36hrs after the worst blizzard on the East Coast in however many years!!!
  • Options
    TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    FS: 50d
    How big of a step up is this from an XSI, if anyone knows. Thanks
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    I'm not saying he's the be-all and end-all of reviewers, but his site is a good place to go to for the basic details (I also happen to like the way he reviews equipment): You can get a good overview of the features of each of these cameras on the first page of each of the two referenced reviews.
  • Options
    TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    50d
    I'm not saying he's the be-all and end-all of reviewers, but his site is a good place to go to for the basic details (I also happen to like the way he reviews equipment): You can get a good overview of the features of each of these cameras on the first page of each of the two referenced reviews.

Thanks Scott. Diva, does this come with the Battery Grip (I noticed Scott also had a BG for sale)? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2010
    No, no battery grip (I didn't want it) but it does come with an extra aftermarket battery.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2010
    Sold pending echeck clearance..................