RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited May 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
853986204_RJZ58-XL.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Comments

• sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2010
    Timely capture Richard; I enjoyed this one. A few thoughts:

- The portion of the dog's walker to the left can be cropped or cloned out, as the leash itself tells the story of the dog being walked.

- Too much contrast and the dog, who I feel is the main character, is shadowed a bit too much. Alternatively, you can add a bit of fill lighting to open up the shadows.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2010
    Richard,
    This shot is too funny, I can't get over that couple who is literally attached at the hip (and the shoulders and the ankles) they are mirror images!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2010
    A wonderful capture. Great expression of exasperation on her face. I especially like that the dog is (almost) in the ped right of way while the two are heading down the street in the wrong direction...clap.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Really odd capture in a enjoyable way. The lighting is weird, the dog's markings weird, the way her shoes mix up the dog's paws, weird. I could also almost swear that I know the man. Friend of mine from Switzerland and could easily be in Spain for work or a break.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Yes Odd & funny in a weird sorta way. :D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    853986204_RJZ58-XL.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Really wonderful image, Richard. Truly! And do NOT start cloning -at least not if you're doing street, pj, or documentary photography. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 3, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, guys. I had been watching the couple approach that spot because of the light and couldn't believe my luck when the black and white dog entered the scene. Yeah, the overall effect is a little weird, but I like weird. The nits don't bother me in this one.