Shenandoah NP - IR

CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited May 4, 2010 in Landscapes
Some of mine from Shenandoah this weekend

1 - Big Meadows after sunrise, chasing the moon

854260716_9vEzS-M.jpg

2 - Big Meadows (my favorite one of the bunch)

854264571_g6uHF-M.jpg

3 - Scott on the Rose River Loop

854259465_Vwibu-M.jpg

4 - Hazel Mountain Overlook

854266758_cPYXn-M.jpg

Rest of the gallery is here

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    #2 is also my favorite although I do really like the one of Scott walking in the woods.

Stephanie
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Shooting with Chris and his DW was a lot of fun (and I found out just how out-of-shape I really am!).

#2 and #3 are my favorites as well. thumb.gif

The moon shot (#1) has a LOT of potential.

The others .... As presented, it appears you are only using about 1/2 the available tonal range. I'm thinking maybe boost the brightness and dial in a touch of contrast? Maybe?
  • CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Thanks guys!

It was good fun and I probably worked Scott and Liz more than I should have with the hiking part. Both of them were troopers for sure though.

Scott,
    I'll have to play around with the suggestions you make. I'm on an uncalibrated monitor and they do look washed out whereas they didn't at home.

Can you expand on the "LOT of potential"?
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Thanks guys!

It was good fun and I probably worked Scott and Liz more than I should have with the hiking part. Both of them were troopers for sure though.

Scott,
    I'll have to play around with the suggestions you make. I'm on an uncalibrated monitor and they do look washed out whereas they didn't at home.

Can you expand on the "LOT of potential"?

I take it all back. I looked at them again on another (calibrated) monitor and I was hugely in error. Sorry for the confusion.

Of all the photos there, there is only one or two changes I might make and that is to the first image. I would crop a good portion off the top and I might brighten it just a touch. But, those are small little things that pretty much fall to taste.

I'm sorry about the confusion.
  • CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    I take it all back. I looked at them again on another (calibrated) monitor and I was hugely in error. Sorry for the confusion.

Of all the photos there, there is only one or two changes I might make and that is to the first image. I would crop a good portion off the top and I might brighten it just a touch. But, those are small little things that pretty much fall to taste.

I'm sorry about the confusion.

No worries...and thanks for the explanation. I'll have to play around with it to see if I can find a crop that works for me.