Options

Fun with coffee makers

SafariSafari Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited August 17, 2005 in Holy Macro
Of course you expect to find coffee makers in a coffee shop, but 20 in a row might make an interesting photo. Problem: there's a pillar in the middle of the room; you can only see about 12-15 pots on the left of the pillar, 6-8 on the right side. The shelf is more than 2.5 metres (8 ft) high, so all you get from the "front" of the pillar is the bottom of the shelf.

Solution: 4 shots from the left side of the pillar and 2 from the right side, and AutoStitch:
32328552-L.jpg
McGinty's Café, Meaford Ontario (next door to McGinty's Antiques)

Great food, good service. Try the Caramel Cider (not for the calorie-conscious!)

F828, internal flash, f2.2, 1/80, ISO 64, hand-held above my head. 6 images, AutoStitch free version followed by a little cropping, cloning and levels in PS.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Clever stuff, thanks for sharing thumb.gif
  • Options
    SafariSafari Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Clever stuff, thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    Thanks.
    Autostitch is amazing and simple. I've read about stitching in Photoshop and would not want to try it with 6 pics with all different focal lengths shot from 2 or more different horizontal angles and slightly different elevations. But it was simple in Autostitch - fully automatic, and in about 2 minutes a huge pillar is removed without structural damage to the building biggrinbounce2.gif . Hope the free demo version remains available for a while. Http://www.autostitch.net if anyone else is interested.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    No Mac/Linnux version
    Safari wrote:
    Thanks.
    Autostitch is amazing and simple. I've read about stitching in Photoshop and would not want to try it with 6 pics with all different focal lengths shot from 2 or more different horizontal angles and slightly different elevations. But it was simple in Autostitch - fully automatic, and in about 2 minutes a huge pillar is removed without structural damage to the building biggrinbounce2.gif . Hope the free demo version remains available for a while. Http://www.autostitch.net if anyone else is interested.

it looks like an amazing program but I can't use it on my Mac.