The Art of Sand

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited May 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hi Y'all,

We may not have good pastrami in Florida but we do have a lot of sand. Recently the sand was used for an interesting project

853756572_dBUks-L.jpg

Sculpters from the US, Canada, Japan, Russia, the Netherlads and Italy came in and did their thing.

855391860_sWYdB-XL.jpg

853754788_K9ayo-XL.jpg

853748743_Pg8Ri-XL.jpg

853750210_7DV5p-XL.jpg
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Always amazing sculptures! thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like #3 (2nd sand image) has plexi domes for its eyes! eek7.gif

Nice touch on their part!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Harryb wrote: »
    Hi Y'all,

We may not have good pastrami in Florida but we do have a lot of sand. Recently the sand was used for an interesting project

Great sand sculptures, very nicely rendered. I would, however, like to see some people interacting with them.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Great sand sculptures, very nicely rendered. I would, however, like to see some people interacting with them.

I would have too but attendance was sparse (maybe 5 folks including myself and Linda). Also the backgrounds were particularly sucky, chain link fence + power poles and lines galore.

853762646_hEG5s-XL.jpg
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Well you've gotten really good at finding birdies just about anywhere rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif

How long does it last ?
    edited May 3, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »
    Well you've gotten really good at finding birdies just about anywhere rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif

How long does it last ?

It ended on the first, it had started on the 2nd of April . Our area isn't big on the "arts". Now if they had a NASCAR theme the place would have been packed.
    Harry
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Very nice captures Harry. However, I'm with B.D on this: I'd like to see people interacting a bit more. Thx for sharing!
    edited May 3, 2010
    sabesh wrote: »
    Very nice captures Harry. However, I'm with B.D on this: I'd like to see people interacting a bit more. Thx for sharing!

I'm with him too. I usually find the folks to be the real attraction at these events. The problem when I went was that there just weren't any folks interacting.
    Harry
  • EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Harryb wrote: »
    I'm with him too. I usually find the folks to be the real attraction at these events. The problem when I went was that there just weren't any folks interacting.
    Was it just the day you were there, or is this just a flat out dud of an event?