Mothers day gift

Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Did a shoot this weekend for a friend so she could have nice photos to give to her mother.

Thoughts, and onpinions welcome. I no longer have a dslr :cry :cry So had to borrow a friends and he doesn't have as nice of lenses as i used to have. Can't wait to get money enough to get a dslr again.

854525346_Jd94t-M.jpg

854531351_4ic5s-M.jpg

854529261_arxAm-M.jpg

854523191_4hBUH-M.jpg
http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
jtrankler@gmail.com
Canon 60D
Tamron 28-75 2.8
Canon 70-200 F4 L IS

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    I'm liking the first one best. The light is nice and the three of them seem engaged in the shot.
    Two lacks that engagement, esp. with the middle child. If you were down lower, perhaps you could have had some of their eyes in the shot.
    Three is cute, but again middle child seems totally bored with the process.
    #4 is really nice. I think the levels need to be bumped up a bit, as their skin seems too grey. I think the bright white on the sneakers is throwing the histogram off for leveling, but the way the image is set up is very nice. For verticals, I'd suggest posting the L or XL size, as the medium height makes it really hard to see any detail at all. I opened the link in a window and replaced M with O to see better detail.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    I'm with Andrew here; 1 and 4 for setup. I always have a hard time with family portraits for some reason, always difficult to find a pose that *just works* and there is always someone looking the other way rolleyes1.gif
  • ole docole doc Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    #1 does it for me. This is the classic, posed family group very well done. You probably need to keep it to standard print format but I could lose some of the greenery on the right.
    Nick