Lastest

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited May 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
855449247_3RmJB-X2.jpg

855449219_QeX5f-X2.jpg

Thanks Richard, for the cow comment, and to others who misread the image, thus making me realize it needed a square crop.:rofl:rofl

856775974_Jypdn-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    wow on #1, the way you shot it makes the "guard" look so very intimidating.
    Like #3 as well, great capture of the bored mom. Sweet conversion as well. Is that LR you are using? :D
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    wow on #1, the way you shot it makes the "guard" look so very intimidating.
    Like #3 as well, great capture of the bored mom. Sweet conversion as well. Is that LR you are using? :D

Thanks, Liz - The I did the conversion in PS with my regular "formula." rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    #3 is too funny. The man's tongue reaching for the cone and the bored Mom. The kids seem to be the normal ones. mwink.gif

I'm assuming #2 is a "found scene." I think I'd prefer seeing it in B&W to appreciate the shapes and textures.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Those shoes seem to get around :D
    edited May 3, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »

Laughing.gif! Yes indeed they do. Same patio, same shoes. But it is a 'found scene' - nothing altered in any way.

And in regard to Jen's comment about b&W - I'll try it that way, but I definitely saw it as color, between the laces on the shoes, the color of the table, the bike....
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

edited May 3, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »

Laughing.gif! Yes indeed they do. Same patio, same shoes. But it is a 'found scene' - nothing altered in any way.

And in regard to Jen's comment about b&W - I'll try it that way, but I definitely saw it as color, between the laces on the shoes, the color of the table, the bike....
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    #1 - Good capture which could have been a powerful image. However, the dogs are lost in the shadows. My suggestion would be increase contrast and open up the shadows via fill lighting or a touch of brightness.

#2 - Uninteresting shot.

#3 - An otherwise mundane shot made mildly interesting by the man about to lick his ice cream. Cropping might work here (out the guy's back on the left and empty space on the right. Cheers.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 3, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    I'm assuming #2 is a "found scene." I think I'd prefer seeing it in B&W to appreciate the shapes and textures.
    eek7.gif Wow, I couldn't disagree more. The color is what makes this shot for me.

I like #3 as well but wish you had found a way to make the cow play a bigger role. rolleyes1.gif