Family portraits, not so normal family

Sachis2112Sachis2112 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited May 11, 2010 in People
Here are some outtakes from this weekend's shoot. Not a whole lot of PP on these since they are the outtakes but the family is thrilled with them all the same and they might just become part of the final prints after all.

This kid was awesome (of course I'm biased because he's my friend's kid). He just had all these great, ridiculous poses. I was able to get him to be serious a few times but it's so representative of his personality that we love the silly shots the most.
4573881354_8caf04e0e7.jpg

The family. Mom torturing the teen-aged daughter. Son obviously used to seeing this behavior. Boyfriend, poor thing, is just confused and trying to obey my wishes by keeping eye contact with me.
4573884208_4deb4115ac.jpg

Yeah, this is a pretty accurate portrayal of life around their home. :D
4573237909_437a7824fc.jpg
~Sachi
Flickr

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    I like the first one, but man that red of her hair is just screaming! maybe you can tone that down a bit in PP? I think it would really improve the shot thumb.gif
  • Sachis2112Sachis2112 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. It was never intended to be a final shot but I'm sure the family will appreciate having it years from now.
    ~Sachi
    Flickr
  • ole docole doc Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    I love #1. I find these "out-takes" are some of the most fun showing the kids as they want to be seen rather as we want to see them
    Nick
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    I like the first one, but man that red of her hair is just screaming! maybe you can tone that down a bit in PP? I think it would really improve the shot thumb.gif

I totally, utterly, and completely disagree. Why would you "fix" something that is A PART OF THAT PERSON?

Would you suggest to remove Cindy Crawford's mole? I mean, it IS very distracting in her photos, right?

I have no problem fixing pimples, cuts, bruises, etc. but something that is a part of a person's body OR something that THEY did to their body, never gets touched unless I'm asked. Ever.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Sachis2112Sachis2112 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    Admittedly, the bangs are far more "screaming" in this pp than in nature (although they're pretty freakin' bright in person too). So turning it down a smidge wouldn't hurt anything. There's no getting around them. They're fluorescent red. Can't miss 'em. rolleyes1.gif
    ~Sachi
    Flickr