Holland Sunset

JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in Landscapes
Rolling storm clouds made for a beautiful sunset at Holland, MI this weekend- enough to pull me away from the Tulip Festival.
Come out and visit. :clap

Single exposure. 2 and 3 stop grads. Sharpened and resized.
I borrowed a friend's new Manfrotto pistol grip head- It is the BOMB- quick reframing is such a snap.
853840678_fnB3P-L.jpg

853840285_DhuQf-L.jpg
Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Like both of these shots. Nice light and there are very interesting colors coming out in the rocks. I am always amazed at what colors are in seemly dull boulders with the right light.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Stunnig job on both, really love the second most, light house always fascinates me and you captured it in such a perfect.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Thank you for the compliments, there were about 50 or so people on the rocks enjoying the light, so it took some careful timing to keep the frame clear of folks- well not entirely.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Very nice captures.thumb.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing these!
    Lee Wiren
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
  • Jim DuffyJim Duffy Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Both are just beautiful, my pick is #2 just love the colors of the rocks
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Thanks you all kindly ....I need to crop out the bit with the 'ol tripod leg in the first picture. :D
    Joash R

• Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Very nicely done! I like the solitary feeling of the first one.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Gorgeous, especially 2 clap.gif