FS: Canon 400mm f/5.6 L

Kory LidstromKory Lidstrom Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited May 23, 2010 in House of Canon
Well, it's about time to part with my 400mm f/5.6 L. It's served me very well, but I find I'm just not using it nearly as much as I thought I would. Plus, I really could use the money towards a new tripod as my current one is starting to die on me.

The lens is in great shape and has performed flawlessly every time I've needed it. The glass is in 10/10 mint condition (see pic). The body I'd give a 9/10 as it has a couple very small marks on it. They are only marks, not scratches or nicks or anything like that, and the marks probably could be washed off. I don't know, because frankly I could care less about a couple of centimeter-long marks.

The lens code is US1209. The lens comes complete with the box, manual, warranty card, hood, lens bag and strap -- basically everything you'd get if you bought it new. (See pic.)

Price is $950 including all paypal and shipping fees. A very fair price, considering this same lens goes for $1,269 new on B&H.

I accept Paypal. I will ship it anywhere in the continental US. Item is located in Minneapolis.

For feedback: Nuggblazer on Ebay, also have bought and sold several things at FredMiranda.com

Any questions? Please don't hesitate to ask. You can PM or email me.

Thanks for looking! :D

LensPic2.jpg

LensPic.jpg
I see the world through a 3:2 rectangle.

My site:Fine Image Photography

Comments

• pharmamanpharmaman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2010
    I am interested in buying your lens although I will have to set up a paypal account first. Please let me know your interest.

Greg
  • modocmodoc Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2010
    Have you sold this lens yet?
  • noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    I just want to say---this is an amazing lens at a great price. I have the same one on my 40D. Got the lens as a replacement for my 70-300 IS USM, which I used for birding, and while the 70-300 is a very good lens (and I'd never diss it), there's simply no comparison. The 400 5.6 is a knockout, sharp and contrasty. Especially if, like me, you're into wildlife/bird photography, this is the lens. You won't miss having IS if you do most of your shooting in daylight. Someone buy this! I paid 100 more for mine and still feel like it was a bargain.

Most seem to agree that it's at its best wide open at 4.5 (set it and forget it on Av); I almost never stop it down.
  • photosbylaneyphotosbylaney Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2010
    Has this lens been sold yet?