Noob to the site, lookin for friends.

tatunka2135tatunka2135 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited May 4, 2010 in Landscapes
Hello everyone,

Great place you have here! So much talent! I decided to make my first post an introductory and say "hey" to my new teachers! I use an old 600d from canon, a little behind the times i know but it really is an old faithful unit.

I have a lot of fun and constantly challenge myself to be a better photographer, I really haven't been active with dslr until recently but really used up a lot of pixels with my point and shoot!

I will appreciate any constructive advice, tips and tricks so feel free to be honest with me as I start posting.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Tatunka, or otherwise known as aaragon on smugmug.

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Post something so we can give advice :D
    The interesting thing about the older cameras is the photosites on the chip are larger and less prone to noise. Do you know/have photoshop? Most recommendations for post processing will be related to photoshop.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • tatunka2135tatunka2135 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for the shout out. I do Not have Photoshop, just out of my reach atm. I am using a free program called " FastStone" that I found on c-net . Its a picture viewer with some editing capabilities. Not exactly Photoshop but ok for now.

Since you suggested a pic post I will try this one.

12041891_SzAPn#854534342_7Fai2-A-LB

854534342_7Fai2-M.jpg

If it shows twice i apologize.....tried the "add the link" mode and didnt see anything so i went cut and paste mode.

I noticed after I viewed it the largest pic size I can that the leaf is oof in the bottom right section but I still like the concept.

Any cc is good cc....be honest.
    Tat
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Nice concept. Your right the oof messes it up the other thing is try to give a little space so that the whole leaf is in the frame.
    I've heard people talk about gimp for something to use instead of photoshop. I haven't tried it and it requires a linux distro. But you could get virtual box and ubuntu. Seems like a bit of work but if it gets you close to the capabilities of photoshop it would be worth it.

Looking at the gimp site it looks like it will work with windows.

-Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka