Major Thanks to Newsy&Ziggy53~

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited May 10, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Pulled the trigger today on two items discussed here with Newsy and Ziggy53~ And I want to publicly thank them both for their thoughtful input!

The first item is the

NEC PA241w ~ I broke into a discourse Newsy was having with someone else about monitors and he followed thru with the links to several monitors and also gave me tips on which were what and the why-for. Thanks bunches Newsy!

Ziggy53; info Guru! Ziggy did his level best to guide me on a hunting expedition regarding graphics cards that would be useful for Video editing and the like~One would think that would be an easy bag...but it isn't. No one likes to spend unwisely! I finally found an engineer from Nvidia on Youtube using this graphics card with Adobe After Effects.

And of course, My ship is not in yet on either of the two purchases. But, I do feel pretty certain that I will see noticeable improvement, even on this old system with the addition of the Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 Video Card. So Huge thanks to Ziggy for that! Plus now, perhaps if I post a photo to give an example, I won't be so self conscious about it's color correction~

I also decided to pull the trigger on an 160 GB SSD hard Drive today as well. And part of the reason I chose to do this is to see what kind of incremental increases I can achieve with adding an SSD and then adding the Quadro FX Card...The last things on my list, My Wish-list at newegg in fact is Changing out the MOBO, CPU and RAM of course...also upping my PS as well, Mere peanuts compared to todays purchases~. But first I just want to see the increments and learn from that~

Cheers, and thanks again!

Present rig: Q6600, 8GB RAM, ATI HD5830, WD Caviar Black HD.
tom wise

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Monitor got here today...NEC colorometer and SW arrives Monday 10th...What a beast! Without cal I feel like I'm peering through the pixels!:D
    tom wise
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited May 5, 2010
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Monitor got here today...NEC colorometer and SW arrives Monday 10th...What a beast! Without cal I feel like I'm peering through the pixels!:D

Congratulations. Shiny new stuff. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    angevin1 wrote: »

Wow easy-peesy to set up...It calibrates itself, w/o input other than to position sensor and click: continue! Love it! The New Multiprofiler (program for the monitor) is trippy...I have an interface right on the Desktop where I can switch between sRGB, AdobeRGB, Full( gamut), Bright, custom..etc, etc..Darn thing even tells you how long it's been on, been off and how much money it has cost to run it~I'm not foolin!eek7.gif
    tom wise