Just a grab

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited May 4, 2010 in Street and Documentary
854024578_UDDRQ-XL.jpg

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Reminds me again of Richard's style with a setting waiting for a subject to walk into... and COLOR too! eek7.gif
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Sorry, I don't "get" it... and technically I can't find a point of sharp focus (I assume the lady is in focus but she has motion blur). And it's slightly crooked.
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    There might have been a little channeling of Richard in this. mwink.gif I see his style shots around me all the time, it's just that he's so much better at capturing them. Now as to the colour discussion... rolleyes1.gif

Just to add, I know that there are technical issues with the shot. Just thought I'd share something I thought was fun.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 4, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    There might have been a little channeling of Richard in this. mwink.gif I see his style shots around me all the time, it's just that he's so much better at capturing them. Now as to the colour discussion... rolleyes1.gif

Just to add, I know that there are technical issues with the shot. Just thought I'd share something I thought was fun.

Hah! It does look like something I would do (technical issues and all :D) , but I would crop it differently. I don't like the air conditioner at the top and there's something uncomfortable about having both poles. I can see it with two different 8x10 versions that have the walk sign at the top edge. One eliminates the pole on the left just leaving some of the flowers. The other eliminates the pole on the right and keeps all of the flowers but puts the woman close to the center. I think it's worth playing around with. thumb.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »

Nice Jen, though I'd try the crop below. And the technical issues being sighted are non-issues - it's a nice street capture.

854024578_UDDRQ-XL.jpg
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Sorry, I don't "get" it...

I concur. Perhaps a more head-on shot would have made it look interesting. Cheers.