replacement imminent, 50D or 5D (used)?

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited May 10, 2010 in Cameras
Hi guys!

I'm soon to replace my Xti (shutter count running up to 40.000) im and considering both the 50D and the 5D (used).

I mainly shoot macro, nature and travel journalisme type shots and i own the tamron 28-75, tamron 90mm and canon 50 mm 1.8 II as FF lenses.

I would have to replace my sigma 10-20 and 70-300.

What would the FF do for my photography (better IQ?) given my current lenses and would it impede my macro photography? I already have to get crazy close to the critters when using and extention tube so would i have to get even closer? And DoF? does this decrease as well (big thing in macro work)

So what would you guys think given my work and setup? FF or APS-C?

Thanks in advance you wonderful helpful people you! :D
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited May 4, 2010
    The 70-300mm should fit either camera so you would not have to replace it unless you "want" to replace it.

It does rather sound like the Canon 50D is the better choice in your case. You could keep your current lens line-up intact and keep your current shooting techniques. You add marginally higher total resolution and somewhat better low-light capabilities, as well as better continuous shooting performance.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Thanks Ziggy!

I've decided to save up for a 7d :D
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Rumors are the 60D is coming with Digic V (which the 1Ds MkIV will get as well) processing. So, if you can wait...
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    thanks for the heads up! Yeah i can wait for a while, i need to save up anyways :D

curious about the 60d reviews!