Options

Prints for OUR homes

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited May 4, 2010 in Weddings
I just posted about this last night on my blog, but we as wedding/portrait photographers generally suck when it comes to making prints of our own homes. Most of us have frames sitting around that we purchased a long while ago (I know I did). Over the weekend I finally made some prints for frames that were sitting around my office and hung them on the wall. As I walk by the new photos, I can't imagine why I let it sit as a bare wall for so long. So I encourage you to make a print right now and hang it on the wall. It doesn't have to be a perfect photo, just a cherished moment. Now go!

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Thanks for the reminder... I sit here with a gift card for a high end custom framing shop from 2 Christmases ago... and no fresh photos on my livingroom wall! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Ahhhh like the cobbler family that has no shoes, so true.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Good point!

My travel photo prints line my walls. Keeps me inspired. :)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Funny you'd mention this.. we JUST printed our very first "personal" photo to hang on our walls - got a great deal on a Metal Print from Aci so we ordered a 15x30 panorama of a shot we took from La Jolla CA of the sunbeams coming through clouds onto the ocean. It came a few days ago and is destined to be hung in the living room above the fireplace. we still haven't printed any of our sons, mainly because as "easy" as it seems to capture the personalities of OTHER people's kids, we can't seem to get a good shot of our own...

Doctor, heal thyself!
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Me too. I have a tree fetish and finally got around to ordering and hanging a canvass print (20 x 30) of my favorite tree on our living room wall. Uh huh.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    I have a frame that's been sitting in my room for at least a month and I keep telling myself to print something to put in it. Well, maybe I'll just do it tonight.
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    The trick is getting it done. I have lots of prints that I tell myself I want to order up, but life always gets in the way.

As a side note, this is one reason I am against only giving clients a disc of images - do you think they will get prints / albums made up?
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    This is one reason I make sure to include a print credit with every package -- I don't want the images to be stuck inside a computer forever. (not that they are 'stuck' there, but without motivation, some might never see them in print)
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.