Extra! Extra!

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited May 6, 2010 in People
Hi Everyone,
This is an image that I am submitting to a national print competition and I wanted to get your feedback. C&C requested and thanks for looking.

TITLE: EXTRA! EXTRA!
857020544_2CskQ-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Nice processing. Face is too clean to be a paper boy from the 30's... :D Freckles really help, though.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    I like it. What is the competition? That might help us provide comments.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Caspian wrote: »
    I like it. What is the competition? That might help us provide comments.

Hey Caspian, thanks and the competition is the Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    A couple questions first...Is this a photo of the physical mounted print that you'll be entering? Or is it a digital rendering? Is the original a digital image or a hand developed b/w?

I'm assuming this is a digital rendering, and the file you're entering would be the digital file we see above, as opposed to a physical print?

Knowing the answers to those questions might help others (and myself) give you the best C&C possible - I think the photos in and of itself is excellent though! I really like the post-processing effect you've used here. Nice detail in the eyes. If I'm correct in the assumption that this is a digital file with PS rendered frame, then I also like the "newspaper" feel you've incorporated into the matting...
    edited May 4, 2010
    LeeHowell wrote: »
    A couple questions first...Is this a photo of the physical mounted print that you'll be entering? Or is it a digital rendering? Is the original a digital image or a hand developed b/w?

I'm assuming this is a digital rendering, and the file you're entering would be the digital file we see above, as opposed to a physical print?

Knowing the answers to those questions might help others (and myself) give you the best C&C possible - I think the photos in and of itself is excellent though! I really like the post-processing effect you've used here. Nice detail in the eyes. If I'm correct in the assumption that this is a digital file with PS rendered frame, then I also like the "newspaper" feel you've incorporated into the matting...

Hi LeeHowell thanks for commenting: this will be a competition finished 16x20 physical print. The image is about 8x12 and the matting fills out to a full 16x20. The frame is actually physical matt and not PS rendered so you really get the effect.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited May 4, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    Nice processing. Face is too clean to be a paper boy from the 30's... :D Freckles really help, though.

Hey Andrew...thank you for commenting. You got the gist of the title though and that is the point. I immediately thought of an old time paper boy when I first took the shot and that led to the final post processing.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    You had me fooled! :-P. A very captivating image and further enhanced by a wonderful frame :-)
    edited May 4, 2010
    LeeHowell wrote: »
    You had me fooled! :-P. A very captivating image and further enhanced by a wonderful frame :-)

Thanks Lee.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Strong image...love it!
    edited May 5, 2010
    Strong image...love it!

Thanks Darren.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Such a timeless capture! Love it! Good luck with the contest!!
    edited May 6, 2010
    kidzmom wrote: »
    Such a timeless capture! Love it! Good luck with the contest!!

Thanks Kelly.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com