853996576_jZWLq-XL.jpg
854004150_nNifQ-XL.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Richard,
    I especially like the oboe duet one! thumb.gif

Is that a keyboard instrument the old lady is plat\ying in the first?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    the #2 is great!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 5, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Richard,
    I especially like the oboe duet one! thumb.gif

Is that a keyboard instrument the old lady is playing in the first?

Don

Thanks, Don. It's some sort of player piano, I think. She never touches the keyboard, but only turns a crank.
    the #2 is great!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Oh, and like Ben, I'm really pleased that we finally have a multi-quote button on Dgrin. It's a real time-saver, so check it out. wings.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Oh, and like Ben, I'm really pleased that we finally have a multi-quote button on Dgrin. It's a real time-saver, so check it out. wings.gif

It sure is ylsuper.gif, of course only valid if you get more then one reply rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

#2 for me with #3 a close second thumb.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    #3 does not quite work for me with my assumption that the guy heading left should be visually linked with the group in the back heading to the right.

#2 is a fun capture. One oboe is good, two are better.

#1 is by far my favorite with all the vertical elements coming together into a strong composition. The woman and her box are interesting and the ped is in the perfect spot for this shot. One of my favorite of yours -- perhaps because I perceive the visual elements are supporting the person and not vice versa.
    edited May 6, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »
    It sure is ylsuper.gif, of course only valid if you get more then one reply rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

#2 for me with #3 a close second thumb.gif

Thanks, Ben. thumb.gif
    rainbow wrote: »
    #3 does not quite work for me with my assumption that the guy heading left should be visually linked with the group in the back heading to the right.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, rainbow. I thought that everyone heading out of the frame but in opposite directions would bring #3 together, but I guess not. ne_nau.gif.
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    #3 - Great shot. Walking in one direction; running in the other. Good eye.

#2 - I find this uninteresting. Maybe a closer crop isolating the stand and flutes might work.

#1 - Could have been a good portrait if the man wasn't in the picture. Good composition though.
    edited May 7, 2010
    sabesh wrote: »
    #3 - Great shot. Walking in one direction; running in the other. Good eye.

#2 - I find this uninteresting. Maybe a closer crop isolating the stand and flutes might work.

#1 - Could have been a good portrait if the man wasn't in the picture. Good composition though.

Thanks for your comments.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Richard. In #1, it seems there's an event being torn down or prepared for. What's the story?

The Oboe's are nice. I especially like how the ironwork is suggestive of a clef or a lyre.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    Interesting slices of life.
    Wonder if he was only missing his bus and not something far worse. headscratch.gif
    These days seem to be filled with images of far worse from all over the planet.
    First thing I thought of when I saw that picture was what
    serious hazard is he running from.
    Michael
    edited May 8, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    Richard. In #1, it seems there's an event being torn down or prepared for. What's the story?

Thanks, Jenn. Just the usual building maintenance, street repair, etc. The center of Madrid is fairly old and the work is never done.
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Interesting slices of life.
    Wonder if he was only missing his bus and not something far worse. headscratch.gif
    These days seem to be filled with images of far worse from all over the planet.
    First thing I thought of when I saw that picture was what
    serious hazard is he running from.

Thanks, Michael. Nothing terrible was going on, as far as I could see. He was probably late for meeting his girlfriend for tapas. mwink.gif