Next lens

AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited May 5, 2010 in Cameras
Thank you to all for your advice and all the great information here that has helped me to decide to splurge on Canon's 5D MK II.

Now I could use a bit of advice on which lens I should purchase.

In my bag:
Canon 50D
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 70-200mm L f4 IS
Canon 17-55mm 2.8 (I realize this will not work on a full frame)

I do mostly weddings, portraits, babies, and candids.

Looking to spend around $1000 but if there is a most perfect lens :) then willing to wait and save a bit more.

I do think perhaps it might be a good idea to sell the 70-200 f4 and purchase the 70-200 2.8 some where along the line also, especially for weddings.

And do you think the MKII will go down in price anytime soon with speculations of possibly Canon putting out an newer version? Or would that be just rumors running rampant?

And just an off topic questions......anyone use knockoff camera batteries with success..................suggestions to brands???

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    If you are going for the 5d2, I would suggest something on the short end. I would only upgrade from the 70-200/4 to the 2.8 if you really need the light. Sharpness wise you are not going to gain anything, and weight wise it is going to be *a lot* heavier.
  • AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    I love my 70-200 f4, but realize for weddings the 2.8 will make life much easier...

Thank you ivar.......maybe something like the 24-70mm 2.8?
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    The 24-70 f/2.8 or the 24-105 f/4 perhaps? Both might be a little beyond your budget though.
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses