Options

caged

burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited August 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
playing w dof at the zoo - that's the condor silihouette in the background..
~Autumn

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    I understand what you are going for but the condor is just a blob in this picture. There is not enough definition to make out what it is. I also think the cage should be sharper. I've been taking shots at 2.8 lately and I understand how hard it is to focus that small of a DOF, most of my shots don't come out very good. What Aperture were you shooting?

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    What Aperture were you shooting?

Nick
    Nick, thanks for the feedback
    I was shooting at f2.8
    the cage is actually pretty sharp, but I think the fact that it is backlit makes some of it appear as a silhouette, which could in turn make it seem not as sharp...?
    maybe?ne_nau.gif
    ~A
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I understand what you are going for but the condor is just a blob in this picture. There is not enough definition to make out what it is. I also think the cage should be sharper. I've been taking shots at 2.8 lately and I understand how hard it is to focus that small of a DOF, most of my shots don't come out very good. What Aperture were you shooting?

Nick
    yeah, if you want the condor to be recognizable you'll have to up your DOF. Although, I'm in love with the soft blue in contrast to the hard lines of the cage and I love the whithered plant life snaking its way up. I think you could have a cool shot with the plain blue background and a sharper focus on the cage. But that's to my own personal tastes! :D