D90 in the house!!!

Rich KesslerRich Kessler Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited May 10, 2010 in Cameras
Finally, after two years, I have my #1 seed. I bought a D60 out of necessity (D90 came out two months after I needed it) and while she served me well it was time to upgrade. Not ready to drop coin on a D700 yet but the D90 is everything I expected it to be. The upgrade in the sensor alone is enough to make someone happy, but I was highly impressed with just how well the on camera flash actually works.

Dear Nikon, thank you for this camera.
"If I close my mind in fear, please pry it open"

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Finally, after two years, I have my #1 seed. I bought a D60 out of necessity (D90 came out two months after I needed it) and while she served me well it was time to upgrade. Not ready to drop coin on a D700 yet but the D90 is everything I expected it to be. The upgrade in the sensor alone is enough to make someone happy, but I was highly impressed with just how well the on camera flash actually works.

Dear Nikon, thank you for this camera.

Great Camera!! Congratulations on your acquisition!! Nothing like New toys!clap.gif
    tom wise
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Welcome,

May the Dark Side always serve you well.....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Congratulations! Here's to many amazing pictures :D
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses
  • mikerockettmikerockett Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 8, 2010
    I just replaced my D50 with the D90 (body only). The High Definition Live View is fun and yes what an improvement with sensor and FPS!!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited May 8, 2010
    I just replaced my D50 with the D90 (body only). The High Definition Live View is fun and yes what an improvement with sensor and FPS!!

Congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Congrats on the new gear. I've been using my D90 since October of '08 and I can't think of any camera I'd rather use that doesn't cost two or three times as much.

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    It's a great camera. You will love it.
  • Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    D90 is a great camera. I got mine this past Thanksgiving. I've used it for portraits, sports, candids, you name it. Congrats on the new gear. Hope to see some pics soon!!!clap.gif
    Jimmie D.
    www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
  • IlliteratiIlliterati Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    New to DSLRs
    A friend who is a whiz at photography (only person I know who can hold a camera over his shoulder or at butt level as he walks in the other direction and still take an amazing picture without looking -- damn him) recommended I get the D90 as my first DSLR.

I'd been using Point and Shoot before then and wasn't ever particularly happy with the pictures I was getting.

I love the versatility of the DSLR and being able to fine tune my pictures so much more.

My avatar came from a walk I took with a friend last week. We've decided that we're going to go on weekly walks with our respective cameras and lose track of how far we've actually walked as we take pictures all over West Hollywood and points nearby.

I owe this kid a good meal when I see him in early July.
    Illiterati
    **If a picture is worth a 1000 words...**
    Nikon D90
    Illiterati Photography