Options

Slideshow - bug with the upgrade?

ShannieShannie Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 16, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Having, like everyone else, waited all day for the site to come back online I was delighted to see it back up and running. Unlike a lot of other users on this site I'm not a pro-user but have just come back from holiday :): and have been mailing the link to family and friends. Before telling them they could now view the photos I thought I'd check to see if it was working myself.

The slideshow seems to have some glitches:
  • to change the duration of each slide is a major effort. Every time you either highlight or go to overtype it skips back out. You almost have to 'trick' it
  • when you get the slideshow going it jumps around all over the place, squashing or elongating pictures before showing it properly and also the boxes at the top of the page seem to disappear and then reappear randomly
Has anyone else experienced this? Thought I would check whether or not it's everyone before mailing them with a personal request! :dunno

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    Needs to be fixed, probably not caused by the upgrade
    Shannie wrote:
    Having, like everyone else, waited all day for the site to come back online I was delighted to see it back up and running. Unlike a lot of other users on this site I'm not a pro-user but have just come back from holiday :): and have been mailing the link to family and friends. Before telling them they could now view the photos I thought I'd check to see if it was working myself.

The slideshow seems to have some glitches:
    • to change the duration of each slide is a major effort. Every time you either highlight or go to overtype it skips back out. You almost have to 'trick' it
    • when you get the slideshow going it jumps around all over the place, squashing or elongating pictures before showing it properly and also the boxes at the top of the page seem to disappear and then reappear randomly
    Has anyone else experienced this? Thought I would check whether or not it's everyone before mailing them with a personal request! ne_nau.gif
    It has always been difficult to change the duration for the slideshow as you seem to fight the loading of the next image which will overwrite something you are typing. I just played with it and it seems the same to me as it was before. It should be fixed, but probably not made worse by the recent upgrade.

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2005
    What about the jumping around of the pictures, the squashing horizontally and vertically and the disappearance of the options at the top? Do you get that? I never used to before....
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    We have not touched the slideshow, only made it easier to get to.

Updates to slideshow are forthcoming, and we will make changing duration easier.
    jfriend wrote:
    It has always been difficult to change the duration for the slideshow as you seem to fight the loading of the next image which will overwrite something you are typing. I just played with it and it seems the same to me as it was before. It should be fixed, but probably not made worse by the recent upgrade.

--John
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    I've tried a few slideshows on a couple of different SM sites and it only says, "loading". It stays that way until I finally close it. Is this associated with the slow responses on the servers or possibly something else?

Thanks, Fred
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2005
    Techman1 wrote:
    I've tried a few slideshows on a couple of different SM sites and it only says, "loading". It stays that way until I finally close it. Is this associated with the slow responses on the servers or possibly something else?

Thanks, Fred
    I got that page too but then it progressed to the slideshow after a pause of several seconds