Options

New bug - Gallery & Photo dropdowns disappeared

mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
edited August 17, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've been poking around my site checking out the new changes, and I ran into something odd.

I logged in and went to one of my galleries. Under the photo were the two drop-down lists (Gallery options and Photo options). The first thing I noticed was that the Photo options listbox wasn't wide enough. When the list appears, most of the options are truncated (I'm using the latest non-beta IE).

Then as I navigated around other galleries, I realized that the two dropdown lists had completely disappeared. I was still logged in (all the other Edit links were still there). I tried logging out, closing the browser, reopening, and logging back in again, but the two dropdowns were still missing. The I discovered that if I change from smugmug to smugmug small styles, the dropdowns reappear. And if I go back the regular smugmug style, they're still there. So I was able to get them back, but I don't think they should have disappeared in the first place.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    mbrady wrote:
    I've been poking around my site checking out the new changes, and I ran into something odd.

I logged in and went to one of my galleries. Under the photo were the two drop-down lists (Gallery options and Photo options). The first thing I noticed was that the Photo options listbox wasn't wide enough. When the list appears, most of the options are truncated (I'm using the latest non-beta IE).

Then as I navigated around other galleries, I realized that the two dropdown lists had completely disappeared. I was still logged in (all the other Edit links were still there). I tried logging out, closing the browser, reopening, and logging back in again, but the two dropdowns were still missing. The I discovered that if I change from smugmug to smugmug small styles, the dropdowns reappear. And if I go back the regular smugmug style, they're still there. So I was able to get them back, but I don't think they should have disappeared in the first place.

Matt

standyby, i'm sure there's some stuff that's still being worked on... i had the same issue btw with the photo options menu (on i.e.)
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2005
    As an update, I've been all over various galleries since that original incident, and have not had that problem come up again.

Also, I have found something else that's missing that was there right after the update rolled out - unless I was just imagining things! But I saw under each photo with the various photo stats, was a listing of the keywords that are associated with that particular photo. That seems to have disappeared now.

And yeah, you're right, I'm sure there's a lot of dust still settling! As a programmer, I've been through complicated rollouts of software so I can imagine what they've gone through the last couple days! And I wonder how many messages turned up in the "help" email address today!

Matt
  • Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    mbrady wrote:
    Also, I have found something else that's missing that was there right after the update rolled out - unless I was just imagining things! But I saw under each photo with the various photo stats, was a listing of the keywords that are associated with that particular photo. That seems to have disappeared now.

Me too! I was jazzed to see my keywords when the site came back up and was wondering where they went as I played around with the maps thumb.gif tonight - here's to hoping this option is still in the running.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2005
    asd wrote:
    Me too! I was jazzed to see my keywords when the site came back up and was wondering where they went as I played around with the maps thumb.gif tonight - here's to hoping this option is still in the running.
    Oh good, someone else saw that too. I was starting to think I imagined the whole thing.