soemthing to hold flowers, etc., for macro

paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
edited May 8, 2010 in Holy Macro
I first posted this in the accessories forum, but I realized that people here are more likely to have suggestions.

When I do macro shots of flowers and other indoors, I often end up trying to hold the object in position with a mess of kitchen gadgets and binder clips, often stacked on pots to bring it up to the height of the camera on a short tripod. Needless to say, this does not work very well. Does anyone know of gadgets that are good for this? Because I do a lot of available light time-exposure macros, I am looking for something that allows me to change the height and especially the position of the object. What I am envisioning is a small tripod stand with some kind of clips at the top.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    paddler4 wrote: »
    I first posted this in the accessories forum, but I realized that people here are more likely to have suggestions.

When I do macro shots of flowers and other indoors, I often end up trying to hold the object in position with a mess of kitchen gadgets and binder clips, often stacked on pots to bring it up to the height of the camera on a short tripod. Needless to say, this does not work very well. Does anyone know of gadgets that are good for this? Because I do a lot of available light time-exposure macros, I am looking for something that allows me to change the height and especially the position of the object. What I am envisioning is a small tripod stand with some kind of clips at the top.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Couple of possibilities.

1. Don't use a tripod - I often shoot with the camera just sitting on the table and use books or similar to arrange the camera and subject positions.

2. Think you can get moveable arms that clamp to the tripod simplest being something like this http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-wimberley-the-plamp/p1005586

Brian v.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    Brian,

Thanks very much. That clamp is precisely the kind of thing I am looking for.

Dan