Options

Prices did not go up - change of plans? or still coming?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited August 16, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Way back on July 25th, Don MacAskill posted in his blog that prices were going to up for all three service levels in a few days. Nearly a month later and a big service upgrade just rolled out and I see that prices haven't gone up. I'm not complaining, but as I've advised a lot of people to join smugmug (more than 100 referrals so far) and often get questions about it, I'm wondering what the current thinking is on the price increase. Is it still coming? Postponed indefinitely? Cancelled?

--John
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    Way back on July 25th, Don MacAskill posted in his blog that prices were going to up for all three service levels in a few days. Nearly a month later and a big service upgrade just rolled out and I see that prices haven't gone up. I'm not complaining, but as I've advised a lot of people to join smugmug (more than 100 referrals so far) and often get questions about it, I'm wondering what the current thinking is on the price increase. Is it still coming? Postponed indefinitely? Cancelled?

--John

standby :D, first things first, and that was getting this new release out. i'm sure don or baldy will answer this question directly, in time.... cheers
  • Options
    DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    Will there be a warning? I want to upgrade to Pro...but I...ya know...gotta save up first! lol. Please just let me know if there will be a warning, or if it will just happen.

Thanks!
    andy wrote:
    standby :D, first things first, and that was getting this new release out. i'm sure don or baldy will answer this question directly, in time.... cheers
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    Will there be a warning? I want to upgrade to Pro...but I...ya know...gotta save up first! lol. Please just let me know if there will be a warning, or if it will just happen.

Thanks!

probably, another news item - but - if i were you, i'd pony up the $100 now, so as to not miss being "grandfathered." deal.gif
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2005
    I already ponied up, with no regrets, but I don't recall seeing anything about the upcoming increase in any place other than in these forums. I don't think I've gotten any e-mails about it. Are the innocent smugmug members who have never come across the forums going to get enough warning?