Lake by my house

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited May 12, 2010 in Landscapes
I am new to photography and don't know all the shooting "rules" yet so bare with me. I thought this looked pretty good though.

dsc0992342tonemapped.jpg

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    ... bare with me.
    I preferred to look at it fully clothed. :D

IMHO this is a pleasant image but has no characteristics that make it stand out. Maybe it needs some ducks on the lake, a trout leaping out of the water, someone riding by on a horse, a boy with a kite - there's just no point of interest where the eye can come to rest.
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    I preferred to look at it fully clothed. :D

IMHO this is a pleasant image but has no characteristics that make it stand out. Maybe it needs some ducks on the lake, a trout leaping out of the water, someone riding by on a horse, a boy with a kite - there's just no point of interest where the eye can come to rest.

Thanks!I'm learning already. lol
  • ajroahkniajroahkni Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    I like it...undisturbed - and by your house?

The ethereal look works for me as well.
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    ajroahkni wrote: »
    I like it...undisturbed - and by your house?

The ethereal look works for me as well.

Yeah, it's a few miles away and there is lots of nice shots back where it is. Thanks for the good words. I'm glad you like it

Here's another one that I did... but I over processed it. I'm always experimenting... since I'm a total rookie but that's how I have been learning. I like the waterfall despite the fast shutter speed. Wish I would have had a cloudy blue sky though.

dsc0910564tonemapped800.jpg
  • snowman1snowman1 Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Realy like #1 Great Shot