A Gorgeous 1937 Cord

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited May 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This is as beautiful a Cord as I've ever seen. It's a 1937 812 SC Phaeton. 1937 was the last year of Cord production and only a little more than 1,000 of these stunning 812 models were made. This one had a period-correct supercharger.

862905674_JfqiW-XL.jpg

862905469_yX5kf-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Wowsa Tom
    My first day back after a long sabbatical and the first post I see. Absolutely gorgeous, I jst love those lines. clap.gifclap I've got a neat one for you that I'll post soon.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Boy, Jack, I don't know why you've been gone but I, for one, am sure as hell glad to see you back. I can't wait to see some of the magic you can produce. Welcome home, brother.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Thanks Tom
    Your words mean a lot to me. Will explain in my first post.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited May 11, 2010
    Jack,

I'm really looking forward to your future postings. Some of the last work you shared with us was stunning.

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Lovely auto there. Definitely a lot of nice features in its design.
    Michael
    edited May 13, 2010
    Yo Michael,

Aside from its striking good looks, the Cord was unique in several other aspects....such as being front-wheel drive. At one time, I got fairly " up close and personal " with a Cord. A friend had acquired one in need of moderate restoration. Eventually, the time requirement and expense of the project got the best of him and he sold it. That experience made me appreciate all the more what it took to bring the magnificent car in these pictures to its current state. Here's another angle shot.

865760355_oDuVA-XL.jpg
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Although Cord made cars that I think are far more beautiful, I still love the old coffin-nosed 810/812 Cords, if only for their unique styling. Great photography makes them even easier to appreciate.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Mmmmm…

…that's nnnice, Tom!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau