FS: Canon 17-40/4L

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited June 1, 2010 in House of Canon
Since I upgraded to the 16-35/2.8 I no longer use this lens. Cosmetics are good, just came back from CPS and they even replaced the plexiglass cover over the distance meter, plastic still on it from CPS.

Includes Lens, Rear Cover, Box and Bag. I don't have the shade or front 77mm cover, which in light of this, I'm dropping the price $30 which is the replacement cost from B&H.

While it looks like there is a tiny "nic" in the front element, there is no evidence of this in the coating itself. CPS seems to believe it's a mar on the front coating and stated there is no effect on the image quality. Had there been, it would had been replaced. You can see it from straight on, but from the side angle shot, it's gone. Again, back from CPS in top working order. Slight reduction again in the cost just for being there but not effecting anything.

Paypal (shipped only to verified paypal address, NO EXCEPTIONS) or Local Cash/Check delivery (Chicago, NW Indiana)

Was $550, now $500. US ONLY.

863111036_jpxyo-X2.jpg

863111171_U7q2u-X2.jpg

863111175_ogAvm-X2.jpg

863111353_wv3Lj-X2.jpg

Gallery of images above

Comments

• davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    I'd probably buy this if you had the front lens cap.
    I can't see this being shipped across country without getting another mar on the front element.

Good luck with your sale.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • EZPZEZPZ Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Hey Jim. PM or email me. Very interested in buying this lens.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Is this lens still available? ear.gif
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    Hi there. I live near where you are, in the southern suburbs of chicago by the IN state line. I am very interested in this lens and willing to meet quickly. If we met locally and I paid in cash would you take $450? Just for peace of mind I'd also like to see where any possible dust is (although I trust your quality control... but you never know... call me neurotic?!) If you could take a photo of the sky out of focus or whatever and send it to me full size that'd be great. Either way though I'd like it.

Thanks!
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    Gave your smugmug # a phone call.. check your messages :)