Getting Involved In Your Community

LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited May 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I wanted to share some of these images - I know people get tired of looking at photos of other peoples pets...But these are nobody's pets. So that's a little different, right?!

Yesterday my wife and I ventured out to the home of a retired couple who volunteer their time and free space for one of the local animal humane societies. I swear I counted at least 60 cats, indoors and outdoors...

Anyways, I volunteered some of my own time to come out and snap a few shots of their kittens they have up for adoption...They needed some photos to update their website. If you're in the North Florida area and you see one you want to adopt, let me know!!

This is Birdie...
864574321_cTFVy-M.jpg

And here we have Meatloaf...LOL...I didn't name them :-P
864586279_dcaVb-M.jpg

Buddie 2 - Don't know what happened to Buddie 1!
864601756_CMkA6-M.jpg

Birdie :-)
864608466_xmGhV-M.jpg

Jake - Lounging in his hammock
864614278_pi5pv-M.jpg

Not sure the name on this one, but here's the sister...
864552945_McQQR-M.jpg

And here's the brother!
864561492_peHwv-M.jpg

So get out there and adopt, or get involved in the adoption process if you can't physically/financially afford to take them in! I'm sure there are lots of needy animals in your area too :-(

Anyone want to share other photo-ops they've donated to get involved in their communities?! Perhaps we can all learn some new ideas from each other to help out the people around us who need it the most :-)

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Hats off to you Lee. Kittens are so cute (it's almost a shame they grow up to be cats). I don't say that in a snarky way as we have over the years adopted or taken in as strays many many cats and kittens. We now have two feline rescues (and 3 dogs). I would find life much less enjoyable without them.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    I really wish my husband liked cats, I would have brought home a few from the local humane society if so. We are planning on getting a dog soon though, I can't wait. Those kittens are adorable, I really like Jake :)
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    We "foster" dogs as well as we just got approved to foster large exotic birds (we're probably getting an Umbrella Cockatoo in the next week or so). We've actually adopted 2 of our foster dogs (one, last week, a 9 week old puppy).

When we foster, we used to do a little photoshoot for the organization's website (better pic = quicker adoption!) but it was a moot point because all our fosters ended up being adopted within about 6 days... no time to even put them on the website! :)

The Cockatoo will be longer-term I'm sure, so when we get her, we'll have a first-time "bird photoshoot"!
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)