WTB: Anyone have a cheap kit 18-55 lens they wanna get rid of?

lmyamenlmyamen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited May 13, 2010 in House of Canon
Im going camping in about a week and would like to take my 40D along, but i do not have a lens for it (just purchased). I am picking up a nice lens in july with my bonus check but until then i dont have much $$ to spend on equipment. All that being said i would not mind picking up a 18-55 kit lens or something cheap to carry around with me camping and not have to worry about. Any one have a cheap lens like the kit lens or something similar they would want to get rid of? let me know what you have and price. Thanks, the cheaper the better haha

Comments

• travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Save your money & purchase a nice lens that you'll benefit from long-term. I'd recommend renting a lens or two for your upcoming trip. There are several companies that rent Canon glass. Before I purchased my lens lineup, I only rented from Lens Giant & would definitely recommend them to anyone. Their prices & shipping are very reasonable & rarely have back ordered inventory.

I have an 18-55 kit that I thought about selling but have decided to purchase an inexpensive reversing ring to "dabble" in the macro world. Best of luck to you!
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    lmyamen wrote: »
    Im going camping in about a week and would like to take my 40D along, but i do not have a lens for it (just purchased). I am picking up a nice lens in july with my bonus check but until then i dont have much $$ to spend on equipment. All that being said i would not mind picking up a 18-55 kit lens or something cheap to carry around with me camping and not have to worry about. Any one have a cheap lens like the kit lens or something similar they would want to get rid of? let me know what you have and price. Thanks, the cheaper the better haha

Just sent you a PM.
  • MelmoKMelmoK Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    The newer 18-55 IS isn't terrible and is much better then the older version. You can find them for 75-100
    edited May 13, 2010
    MelmoK wrote: »
    The newer 18-55 IS isn't terrible and is much better then the older version. You can find them for 75-100

That's what I've got---and what I PM'd about. Let me know if you're interested! It is a sharp lens with a good walkaround range, and good for wide-angle, even with the crop-factor on your 40d.
    edited May 13, 2010
    noahcomet wrote: »
    That's what I've got---and what I PM'd about. Let me know if you're interested! It is a sharp lens with a good walkaround range, and good for wide-angle, even with the crop-factor on your 40d.

Just replied to your PM