Pinup Girl *as usual, critiques appreciated*

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 17, 2005 in People
ok so i actually did this "shoot" with two models but one of them just didn't turn out. it's interesting because she looked the part (blonde, wavy hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks, cutsey) and could do the poses perfectly. but something about her photos just went horribly wrong. like the photo was fine, i dunno something about her face..oh well but anyways, these are the results of the other girl. hope you like and have something to say about them.

d0ae1293.jpg

a76acc5d.jpg
(i know, i know, the color's off)

candid.jpg

this one's actually a candid but i like it anyways... YAY you can see my ghetto lighting.

and i figured this one deserved an honorable mention, it's not GREAT in my opinion, but i like it sorta...
pinup8.jpg

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    You can see the idea you were reaching for. You nailed it to some degree. #2 could have been improved had she been looking at the camera with the same angle of her chin and the expression of her mouth. To me that is a typical army poster shot.

What sort of camera are you using? They appear a bit soft. They do have some sort of color cast but that adds to the vintage appeal. It could be corrected in photoshop or another photo editing program which is a good invest or *cough* download.

Owen
  • justinungerjustinunger Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    I think what went wrong is that you overexposed by maybe half a stop.

Otherwise, very nice. Good poses and nice model! thumb.gif
  • Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    a76acc5d.jpg

I think I like this one the best. it would have been better with eye contact and perhaps a look of "surprise". The photos do look over exposed to me. If you are shooting RAW images maybe you can tweak that some?

CRW_3675_BW.jpg
    Above is one of my 40s attempts. I suppose this is close to a pinup style. I hope to do more along this line in the future. I do wish that I had brought along a reflector to help illuminate her face evenly. I did use fill flash but I guess I was too far away to be effective.

Keep at it!
  • infosecgeekinfosecgeek Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    I like where you were going, but I would have to agree that they are a tad overexposed. You can see the hotspots on her... I like the second one... maybe if you converted it to B&W
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    #2 is my favorite - I like the pose and can see what you are going for.. just angle her head down a little so we're not looking up her nose and you'll be good to go! (I like the idea of her looking upwards, but just the with her eyes - and even then you want just a slight glace upwards.. else you might get the sense that she's either rolling her eyes at you or she's possessed..:D)
    I like the others too - esp. #1 - very cute! I agree that they're overexposed, but you're on the right track!
    ~Autumn