Options

Pro site - Custom Host Name not showing

CaptDanCaptDan Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 17, 2005 in SmugMug Support
First of all, Smugmug rocks! New to the site but I'm crazy about it already. Now I just need to get all the photos loaded...

After the huge site upgrade today, I noticed that my custom host name was not appearing as the URL in the address line. Instead of photos.forkunion.com (the CNAME record I'd set up) the fuma.smugmug.com address was following me around from gallery to gallery.

I went back into Account Settings>Professional, made no changes at all, but clicked on the Update button to save the custom host name again. That seemed to do the trick and this site is using the custom host name now.

Don't know if anybody else had this happening on their site, but just thought I'd share

I hope the Smugmug staff are getting some sleep. Congratulations and thank you for the great work y'all are doing.

Dan Thompson
Fork Union Military Academy
Success stories begin here.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    CaptDan wrote:
    First of all, Smugmug rocks! New to the site but I'm crazy about it already. Now I just need to get all the photos loaded...

After the huge site upgrade today, I noticed that my custom host name was not appearing as the URL in the address line. Instead of photos.forkunion.com (the CNAME record I'd set up) the fuma.smugmug.com address was following me around from gallery to gallery.

I went back into Account Settings>Professional, made no changes at all, but clicked on the Update button to save the custom host name again. That seemed to do the trick and this site is using the custom host name now.

Don't know if anybody else had this happening on their site, but just thought I'd share

I hope the Smugmug staff are getting some sleep. Congratulations and thank you for the great work y'all are doing.

Dan Thompson
    Thanks for the info Dan thumb.gif
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    CaptDan wrote:

I actually noticed the same thing just minutes before reading this message. Clicking the update button fixed it for me as well.