Virginia

Email

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    #2 rocks ylsuper.gif
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    I like #1 - taking pics of folk taking pics is always fun…

I like #2 - square is good, and damn! …watch where you're sticking your fingers! …almost had my eye out, dammit!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    1. Sunday at the Louvre

C&C welcome.

Virginia

As Wil notes, 1 is fun. Two, however, Rocks! Very nice.clap.gifclap
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    Thanks Benjamin, Will and BD. I'm glad you enjoyed the restaurant photo. I found myself liking it more and more as I worked on it, but thought that maybe I was nuts.

I understand that your comments are not proof that I am not nuts, but I do appreciate them nonetheless.

Virginia

Email
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    2 is great..you see 1/2 faces everywhere then then one lady face framed perfectly.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    Agree on #2, but I must say Virginia--your conversion rocks!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    2 is great..you see 1/2 faces everywhere then then one lady face framed perfectly.

Thanks for the comment, Quark.

When I lifted my camera, it was because I was fascinated by the serene looking woman in the far corner and wondered what a shot would look like with her as a focal point of serenity in the hubub of the bustling restaurant. I knew that she would be a small subject in the frame but I had some post processing ideas in mind to help the viewer see what I was seeing.

The menu in the foreground ended all that. Couldn't get the photo without it. (The woman in the corner left right after I snapped the shot and the nearby lady held the darned thing up forever.) Still I rather liked what I saw and took the photograph.

In the end, I think the main interest is in the foreground - with the serene face quietly balancing out the weirdness of the woman peeking out from behind the menu and the man with one eye blocked from our view by his lunch companion.

Liz, I'm glad you like the conversion. It's hard for me to see how successful it is on my little laptop with uncalibrated screen and variable brightness depending on how much it is tilted!! Thank heavens for histograms.

Virginia

Email
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    #2 captures that light I love so much.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 14, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    When I lifted my camera, it was because I was fascinated by the serene looking woman in the far corner and wondered what a shot would look like with her as a focal point of serenity in the hubub of the bustling restaurant. I knew that she would be a small subject in the frame but I had some post processing ideas in mind to help the viewer see what I was seeing.

I think you succeeded admirably. She was what I noticed first and what I keep going back to. The rest is a lot of fun, especially the one-eyed creatures. Beautiful pic. clap.gifclapclap.gif