Seniors | Jennifer - A little more formal

JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited May 17, 2010 in People
So in my previous posts, most of my pictures are more candid of seniors and more casual. Well this senior I had already taken her casual shots and her mom requested we do a more formal shoot. After going out to TWU (Texas Womens University) in Denton, Texas.. I feel like we got some really good shots that were a lot more formal.. but also kept a casual feel to the photos. Let me know what you think!

To see more, go to www.JonDraperPhoto.com! PS feel free to leave comments on my Blog, I like to get feedback on there! Thanks
866224287_vueoe-M-1.jpg
866235729_7fDgg-M-1.jpg866224956_6UB2D-M-1.jpg
866227022_H4G5Z-M-1.jpg
866234268_XQp4X-M-1.jpg866236563_wLC3X-M-1.jpg

Comments

• kevincaophotographykevincaophotography Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Just as wonderful as your last set. Keep up the good work. Again, love the bokeh, but who doesn't right?
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Very nice! thumb.gif
    I checked out your blog and apparently you left out the best one here mwink.gif There is one closeup of her when she's laying on the grass: those eyes bowdown.gif
    One small note: the colors are not consistent: it looks like she has three different hair colors.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Svennie wrote: »
    Very nice! thumb.gif
    I checked out your blog and apparently you left out the best one here mwink.gif There is one closeup of her when she's laying on the grass: those eyes bowdown.gif

The best of the bunch, for sure! thumb.gif
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    I like this set a lot. The first one is my favorite. She has great eyes.
  • barbnjonbarbnjon Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Wonderful senior photos! Are these all natural light?
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Thank you very much guys.. and yeah, I just ordered a Spyder 3 Elite screen calibration system.. so I hopefully will be able to keep up with better colors now. And yes, they are all natural light.. I am not a big flash guy unless I need it. I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow which will be my first posted pictures and paid pictures with a flash so wish me luck! Haha i'm comfortable with the flash.. I just don't prefer it
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    These are great. Nice lighting. Good luck with the wedding. Let us know how it goes.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
    edited May 15, 2010
    Surfdog wrote: »
    These are great. Nice lighting. Good luck with the wedding. Let us know how it goes.

I will for sure. You will all be seeing some i'm sure in the next week or so
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    Oh MY!! What lens/system are you shooting? Gorrrggeeeous.

I particularly like the B&W and also the rh one of the 2nd row (with the very shallow dof)

(btw, easier to comment if you number your shots)

I really love this set. thumb.gif
    edited May 16, 2010
    yeah, I'll start numbering them! Thanks for the suggestion. And I am using a Canon 5d mkII (my new love) and a mix of either a Canon 20-35 2.8L, Canon 70-200 2.8L, or a cheap Canon 50mm 1.8 (the shallow depth of field close ups). I really like my new 5d with the full frame.. I never thought i'd notice a huge difference but the difference is HUGE. Thanks for the kind words!
  • MisterMcCruffMisterMcCruff Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Gorgeous set.
    Really love the bokeh.
    Cameras: Gripped 30D, EOS 33 35mm, Ricoh KR10, Sony DSC-H7.
    Lenses:
    Canon 17-40mm f/4 L USM, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM.
    Lighting:
    Canon 430EX II, Nikon SB24, Konig stand, Stofen omnibounce, 33" brolly, DIY beauty dish + diffusers.
    Misc: UV+CPL filters, reverse mount adapters, Velbon tripod. Photoshop CS3

*clicky flickr clicky*