Options

Automatically Sending A "Thank You" Note

OMMBoyOMMBoy Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited May 15, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is it possible to automatically send a "thank you" note with the photographer's logo as a header or footer to customers who have ordered products online? If so, how?

Thanks,
Chris
Runfola Photography

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
Ernst Haas, 1985

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Not precisely, but you can
    Include a TY Print with your orders
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=167516
  • Options
    OMMBoyOMMBoy Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    Hey, that's great! Thanks, Andy! What a coincidence, too, that SmugMug rolled this feature out today when I first got the idea of including a TY card or email. Guess I should've checked the Pro Branding thread first!

Chris
    Runfola Photography

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
    Ernst Haas, 1985
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    OMMBoy wrote: »
    Hey, that's great! Thanks, Andy! What a coincidence, too, that SmugMug rolled this feature out today when I first got the idea of including a TY card or email. Guess I should've checked the Pro Branding thread first!

Chris

But it costs a buck?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 14, 2010
    mercphoto wrote: »
    But it costs a buck?
    Turns out the labs have some costs to execute this, buying a label printer, fetching prints that are made on the other side of the building or across the street and combining them with printed products made in a different place, etc.

I wish we could do it free.
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    Baldy wrote: »
    Turns out the labs have some costs to execute this, buying a label printer, fetching prints that are made on the other side of the building or across the street and combining them with printed products made in a different place, etc.

I wish we could do it free.

I don't think free is necessary, but how about enabling each individually and only charging us cost (or cost+15%) for the 4x6 TY?

The help page says the finish will match the rest of the order, so it doesn't sound like they'll be running all over the place to find a TY print.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to see this implemented, its just a bit of "sticker shock" if you'll pardon the pun.