Some more punk bands

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited August 17, 2005 in People
Its nothing but a scramble for light all night. Most i have ever learnt though.

The night was dedicated to Duane Peters...lot of skaters in the crowd.

30628648-M.jpg

I caught the chair about to be launched

30798833-M.jpg

31261038-M.jpg

Some of the 'more senior' bands played also.

31261087-M.jpg

31261049-M.jpg

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    love the first shot mate, those taken in Brisvegas ? Looks a bit like the Caxton but it's been a while so ....
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    love the first shot mate, those taken in Brisvegas ? Looks a bit like the Caxton but it's been a while so ....
    Ta mate...down in the valley. The caxton is the rugger crowd these days.

The 1st was about the only one i liked also.
  • pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    haha yeah I've got a mate who bounces there most weekends (the Caxton I mean) he rekons the boys get a bit firey at times... I'm sure they'd never throw a chair though :uhoh :D

who are the bands if I may ask ? the drummer in the closeup looks familiar but I've never been much of a punker so I can't place him (actually rekon I saw him at a jazz joint in West End ne_nau.gif)
    edited August 17, 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    haha yeah I've got a mate who bounces there most weekends (the Caxton I mean) he rekons the boys get a bit firey at times... I'm sure they'd never throw a chair though :uhoh :D

who are the bands if I may ask ? the drummer in the closeup looks familiar but I've never been much of a punker so I can't place him (actually rekon I saw him at a jazz joint in West End ne_nau.gif)
    Dont know his name...he is the drummer in a friends band...sort of over 40's punk guys. Bands are 7 inch..black market...deputy dips%$t....few others were up from syd or melb to play.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    I always look forward to seeing your punk shows Gus and this is no exception. Have you ever gotten to shoot Frenzle Rom? My friends saw them years ago when they played a fest here in Chicago and we have loved them ever since.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 17, 2005
    I like the lighting in the first shot. And I wonder what the tat of the bird
    means?

Cool stuff.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    the 1st one is my favorite
    love the lighting and the dramatic quality
    ~Autumn
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Gus, that first one is great... What lens were you shooting with? Last time I went and shot a band I was using a 50mm 1.4 and was still hunting for light.. They only had 5 small can type lights hitting the stage.

Ed
    edited August 17, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I always look forward to seeing your punk shows Gus and this is no exception. Have you ever gotten to shoot Frenzle Rom? My friends saw them years ago when they played a fest here in Chicago and we have loved them ever since.

Nick
    Tls nick..not yet but im trying to get into a bigger event thats for sure.
    edited August 17, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I like the lighting in the first shot. And I wonder what the tat of the bird
    means?

Cool stuff.

Ian
    The only shot i was happy with ian. Tats are a good subject i recon.
    edited August 17, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    Gus, that first one is great... What lens were you shooting with? Last time I went and shot a band I was using a 50mm 1.4 and was still hunting for light.. They only had 5 small can type lights hitting the stage.

Ed
    Thanks burke/ed, Ed it is with my 'light vacumme' 135 f/2 prime on ISO 1600. The very reason i have a 20D.