Options

Memory card loss of memory

ShannieShannie Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 19, 2005 in Cameras
I'm suffering from a loss of memory problem on my camera, (ok, in my head too but that's another story!), and I don't know how to get round it. I wonder if anyone here can help?

I have a Pentax Optio S4 and every time I download pictures and clear the card I have fewer potential pictures left on the card for next time. Obviously, there is some sort of index stored on the card which increases with every picture I take. I've looked through all the options and can't figure out how to delete this so I get back up to the maximum number of potential shots as when the card was new.

Advice appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    You might try reformatting your card in the camera, not an answer to the problem, but it might help with the symptom.
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • Options
    ShannieShannie Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 17, 2005
    Yes, that's what I'd like to do but I can't see any options in any of the menus that indicate you can do that ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    You should find that in the Setup menu, then just follow the instructions. The procedure is in your insturction manual, if you can't find yours, here ia a link to the online one.

Manual
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer