More Vinyl

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited May 16, 2010 in Street and Documentary
This made me think of Mikepenn's recent post about everyone talking on their iphones or listening to their ipod.
Yes I'm aware of the accidental selfportrait--debated on cloning myself out.

So does this one work?

867702045_7tyTn-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    This made me think of Mikepenn's recent post about everyone talking on their iphones or listening to their ipod.
    Yes I'm aware of the accidental selfportrait--debated on cloning myself out.

So does this one work?

It does. Work. And I wouldn't crop out the reflection. What's particularly nice about this is the vinyl sign and the guy's iPod earbuds. I might try cropping it above the vinyl sign and maybe at the bottom of the door. A square?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    It does. Work. And I wouldn't crop out the reflection. What's particularly nice about this is the vinyl sign and the guy's iPod earbuds. I might try cropping it above the vinyl sign and maybe at the bottom of the door. A square?

I liked the irony of the earbuds and the Vinyl sign myself.

Here is the square crop--I do like it.

867702045_7tyTn-XL-1.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    I like this, too. But I'd move it up slightly in the crop box. To get back the missing corner of the feft door panel and completely lose what is imediately above the 'More Vinyl' sign. thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I like this, too. But I'd move it up slightly in the crop box. To get back the missing corner of the feft door panel and completely lose what is imediately above the 'More Vinyl' sign. thumb.gif

This.

The first thing that struck me when looking at the crop after seeing the original was the bottom looked a little too chopped off. Other than that, I love it, and I also agree on keeping the reflection...
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Hi Liz
    I like the new crop. By cropping a lot off the bottom the main subject is enlarged and emphasized. As was suggested tho the top could be lowered to eliminate that small bit above the sign but thats a minor nit.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Re re-crop

867702116_wCusp-XL-1.jpg

I included the bottom of the cut off door on the left and I cropped tighter up top--only problem is--it's not 100% square.

Thank you Don, Rquared and Jack for the input--I rarely crop square, but here goes:) Glad the image works for you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Re re-crop

867702116_wCusp-XL-1.jpg

I included the bottom of the cut off door on the left and I cropped tighter up top--only problem is--it's not 100% square.

Thank you Don, Rquared and Jack for the input--I rarely crop square, but here goes:) Glad the image works for you.

Terrific - especially the photographer in the record bin! rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed